Fleece by CosyTex 2m x 200m CosyTex is a knitted net made from UV stabilised thermal poly tapes and is used as a fleece. It is transparent in colour, has very good light transmission, and weighs 38 grams per sq. metre.
CosyTex is a knitted net made from UV stabilised thermal poly tapes and is used as a fleece. It is transparent in colour, has very good light transmission, and weighs 38 grams per sq. metre.
- CosyTex is used as an alternative to fleece because it can be used for several seasons, and therefore the problems associated with disposing of it in accordance with every year are only relevant every few years.alternativefarm waste management regulations
- CosyTex can withstand up to 300 Kilo Langleys of UV radiation which makes it suitable for over 4 years of constant use in the UK.
- Equally because it is made from PE it is also suitable for recycling.
|Chains per inch||Meshes/ cm||Unit mass g/sq.m||Strength Long N/m||Strength Transv. N/m||Light screening factor %||Light resistance Kly||Standard lateral selvages||Lateral selvages with eyelets|
- Drier micro climate than under fleece.
- No condensation, and therefore less fungal disease on salad crops.
- Made from Thermally efficient, UV stabilised, polythene and therefore retains heat at night better than non woven fabric fleeces.
- CosyTex does not go soft where it becomes wet alongside the soil.
Very strong and therefore ideally suited to very windy exposed sites where non woven fleeces suffer damage.
- Much more even transmission of either irrigation water, or rain.
- Offers protection against animals and birds as well as some protection against aphids.
- Animals do not penetrate CosyTex with their feet as they cross the field. (Unless they are really big)
- If CosyTex gets muddy it can be cleaned with a hosepipe or pessure washer.
- Because of its strength CosyTex is not only suitable for any crop where you are using a non woven fabric type fleece, but it is also ideally suited to protect crops that would normally shred a non woven fleece, like some species of Hardy Nursery Stock.
Available in roll sizes of 2mx200m- 4mx200m - 6mx200m - 8mx200m - 10mx100m - 12mx100m and 16mx100m
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Super fast delivery (ordered one day and received it the following day!) and the product was exactly what I needed. Our soft fruits were being decimated by wasps but after putting the netting up our harvest has resumed. I have stitched several lengths together and have also netted our plum trees and so far so good! As the other reviewer says, good air flow and allows water in. And once the winter hits I'll be able to remove the vast lengths of netting from the trees to lay over plants/areas that need protection from the cold. Brilliant multi purpose product and well worth the price of a large roll. Thank you! W Sussex
I bought a roll of fleece to prevent frost damage to a peach tree, a fig and kiwi fruit bush. i ordered it on the friday and it arrived on Monday morning. the fleece is extremely strong and allows a good airflow which helps to resist the formation of moulds.. watering is simple. excellent product.. can't find any negatives with it. West Coast of Scotland.